Deepwater Frontier Tech Index
By combining Deepwater’s proprietary research in emerging technologies with a respect for valuation, the Deepwater Frontier Tech Index (DFTI) aims to power strong long-term returns in the frontier technology category.
The Deepwater Frontier Tech Index (DFTI) tracks public investment opportunities participating in major emerging technologies. The DFTI tracks an ever-evolving basket of frontier themes. The index currently focuses on AI, Robotics, Autonomous and Electric Vehicles, Fintech, and the metaverse.
What We Believe Makes Our Index Unique vs Other Disruptive Tech Funds
Many funds and indices track frontier-related themes but do not perform well as long-term investment vehicles for three reasons:
- The products are not built on deep research that creates a differentiated understanding of where the world is going.
- The products incorporate excessive exposure to established mega cap tech companies.
- The products don’t incorporate a respect for valuation.
The DFTI is designed to address each of these issues.
- The DFTI is informed by over 100 years of cumulative tech research experience by the Deepwater team, including ongoing insights that power direct private and public investment vehicles.
- The index also includes a $500 billion market cap limit, forcing the exclusion of mega cap tech companies that investors already have significant exposure to via S&P 500 and Nasdaq indices.
- Perhaps most uniquely, we believe the price you pay for innovation matters. The DFTI is designed to incorporate a respect for valuation in its selection process that we view as imperative for long-term performance.
How has the Index Performed?
The DFTI went live on 7/25/2018 and has been backtested to 2013. You can find a chart that tracks historical and real-time performance here.
How Can I Invest in the Index?
Deepwater partners with Innovator ETFs to offer the NYSE-listed Innovator Deepwater Frontier Tech ETF. The ticker is LOUP.
To learn more about how to invest, visit the Innovator website.